Here is a great twist on the basic hamburger. A bit spicy and a bit sweet.
Yeilds 6 Burgers
- 2 Pounds Lean Ground Chuck
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Chimichurri
- 6 Ciabatta Hamburger Buns (any hearty bun will do)
- 1 Small Red Onion Sliced Thin
- 1 Tomato Sliced Thin
- 2 Grilled Yellow Plantains Sliced 1/2 Inch Thick
In a large bowl combine ground beef, salt, and cayenne pepper. Shape mixture into twelve 3 1/2-4 inch patties. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of chimichurri into the center of 6 of the 12 patties. Top with the remaining 6 patties, press edges to seal in chimichurri.
Cook burgers on medium high heat, fliping once. Cook to your desired doneness.
Brush rolls, top and bottom with chimichurri. Build your burger adding, the burger, onion, tomato, and grilled plantins. Top with a little more chimichurri. Enjoy!