- 2 lb. skirt or flank steak
- ½ cup + 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- lime zest
- 2 TBS Dijon mustard
- 4 medium garlic cloves, smashed & peeled
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper
Trim any large patches of fat from the steak. If necessary, cut the steak crosswise into 8 – 10 inch pieces. Whisk ½ cup of the extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, mustard, lime zest, honey, pepper flakes, garlic, 1 ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. Arrange steak in a 9 x 13 baking dish or plastic Ziploc bag. Add marinade and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
Cook the steak: Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides with ½ tsp. salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook in a cast iron skillet (be sure to pat dry first) or on a hot grill to your desired temperature. Let steak rest for at least 5 minutes then slice thinly across the grain.