Are you tired of the same old broccoli recipe. Try this side dish, it is a nice break from the same old same old.
- ½ cup putted kalamata olives
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup + 1 TBS lightly packed fresh parsley, coarsely chopped.
- Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 lbs. broccolini or broccoli
Put the olives, parsley leaves, mayonnaise, garlic, ½ tsp. salt, ¼ tsp pepper in a food processor and pulse into a coarse paste. Cook broccoli (try roasting it in the oven.) Pre-heat oven to 450°. Dab the olive mixture over the broccoli and toss well to combine. Spread the broccoli on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the upper 1/3 of the oven for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and browned in spot. Dab the olive mixture over the broccoli and toss well to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with remaining chopped parsley and serve.