Usually we would take a few onions sliced thick, maranate and grill them up. Here is a delicious recipe we tried that pairs excellent with your favorite steak.
- 2-3 Large Vidalia Onions sliced thick
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Butter per Onion Slice
- 1 Cup of Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 4 Ounces of Cream Cheese
- 2 Teaspoons of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Dried Dill
Fold a 36 X 18 inch piece of heavy foil in half to make an 18 inch square. Place the onion slices in the center of the foil. Dot with butter. Bring up the opposite edges of the foil and seal with a double fold. Fold the remaining edges together to completly enclose the onions, leaving space for steam to build.
Cook foil packet on grill over medium heat , cover, and cook for 25 to 30 minutes until onions are tender.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the blue cheese, cream cheese, worcestershire sauce, pepper, and dill. Spoon mixture over cooked grilled onion slices.